Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kraken

Fairy Guide

Recommended Posts

Fairy Guide

Introduction

Pets aren't just decorations you can wear to make your character look cool. Unlike wings, which have definetly no other use except to make other ppl drool in envy, pets give it's owner a boost and grant special bonuses, like increase in berserk rate, HP recovery, and so on.
 

First Generation Fairies
It is simple fairy that adds a few stats to you, depending on which fruit you fed your fairy.
All pets are basically the same, except in appearance of course. It's the owner who decides what stat to increase for the pet and which skill books to give it.

 

Second Generation Fairies

It is simple fairy that adds a few stats to you, depending on which fruit you fed your fairy + ability to use special skill Possession
 

  • n1652.png Fairy of Strength (Possession effect: Increases Strength equal to its level for the duration of the Possession)
  • n1653.png Fairy of Constitution (Possession effect: Increases Constitution equal to its level for the duration of the Possession.)
  • n1654.png Fairy of Spirit (Possession effect: Increases Spirit equal to its level for the duration of the Possession.)
  • n1655.png Fairy of Accuracy (Possession effect: Increases Accuracy equal to its level for the duration of the Possession.)
  • n1656.png Fairy of Agility (Possession effect: Increases Agility equal to its level for the duration of the Possession.)
  • n1651.png Fairy of Luck (Possession effect: Increases DROP gained for the duration of Possession. Formula: 1% DROP bonus * fairy level)
  • n1657.png Fairy of Evil (Possession effect: Increases EXP gained for the duration of Possession. Formula: 1% Exp bonus * fairy level)
  • n1664.png Mordo Junior 

Possession effect: 
1) Increases DROP gained for the duration of Possession. Formula: 1% DROP bonus * fairy level
2) 
Increases EXP gained for the duration of Possession. Formula: 1% Exp bonus * fairy level
3) 
Increases Any Stat equal to its level for the duration of the Possession

 

Unique Fairies 

It is unique fairy that adds a more stats to you than second gen fairy, depending on which fruit you fed your fairy and some unique bonuses + ability to use special skill Possession

 
  • n2526.png Angela (First Generation Angela - cannot use skill Possession)

NOTE:
Eats any food in the game and uses only Improved Fruits n0153.pngn0114.pngn0196.pngn0200.pngn0160.png

Possession effect: 
1) Increases DROP gained for the duration of Possession. Formula: 2% DROP bonus * fairy level
2) 
Increases EXP gained for the duration of Possession. Formula: 2% Exp bonus * fairy level
3) 
Increases Any Stat equal to its level for the duration of the Possession. Formula: 1.2% bonus * fairy level
4) +3 Physical Resistance
NOTE:

Eats only the best food in the game n2108.png Great Fairy Ration or n2109.png Great Auto Ration and uses only Improved Fruits n0153.pngn0114.pngn0196.pngn0200.pngn0160.png

Possession effect: 
1) Increases DROP gained for the duration of Possession. Formula: 2% DROP bonus * fairy level
2) 
Increases EXP gained for the duration of Possession. Formula: 2% Exp bonus * fairy level
3) 
Increases Any Stat equal to its level for the duration of the Possession. Formula: 1.3% bonus * fairy level
4) +4 Physical Resistance
NOTE:

Eats only the best food in the game n2108.png Great Fairy Ration or n2109.png Great Auto Ration and uses only Improved Fruits n0153.pngn0114.pngn0196.pngn0200.pngn0160.png
 

------------------------------------
Pros
------------------------------------

Maintaining a pet is indeed quite expensive, so let's list down the pros and cons of having a pet around.

  • Bonus stat points. Everybody wants bonus stat points. Besides having the best equips in the game, its a real boost to have those extra points.
  • Pet skills. To be specific, the Sp recovery rate is a lot of help for spamming skills and magic. The berserk bonus is pretty helpful. The added magic damage is a plus too.
------------------------------------
Cons
------------------------------------

 

  • Pet maintenance. Keeping a pet is indeed pricey. You need to spend lots of gold to keep your pet up and running.
  • Time consuming. It takes a lot of time to level a pet. A LOT of time.
  • In summary, pets are for people who are willing to give time, effort, and GOLD to raise them. But in the long run, these little ones can be quite a lot of help.

------------------------------------
Acquiring a Pet
------------------------------------

Currently, there are a lot of ways to acquire them:


Note that it will give you a Lv 0 Pet with full stamina and growth rate. You may also acquire pets from other players, where they can be sold as freshly acquired Lv0 Pets, or ones that have been raised by other players.

------------------------------------
Equipping your Pet
------------------------------------

In order for you to 'see' your pet in the game, you need to place it on the second inventory slot. Only through this you will be able to use your pet's bonuses. An equipped pet will also consume stamina and increase growth rate points.

------------------------------------
Stamina and Growth Rate
------------------------------------

The Stamina is sort of a pet's 'HP'. But it doesn't mean that when the stamina gets depleted, the pet will die. When the pet's stamina reaches 0, it will simply be deactivated, meaning the pet's owner will not be able to benefit from the pet's bonuses. Also, you will not be able to see your pet floating around you when stamina goes dry. To replenish stamina, we need to use pet stamina recovering items, currently there are four items in the game for restoring lost stamina:

  • n0317.png Pet Food: Restores 5 stamina points.
  • n1351.png Fairy Ration: Restores 50 stamina points, can be bought from Item mall or Reputation Exchanger.
  • n1723.png Auto Ration: Recovers pet stamina. Place at 3rd inventory slot to activate auto-feed after pet stamina is lower than 50. No effect if stall is set up.
  • n2108.png Great Fairy RationRestores 100 stamina points, can be bought from Item mall or exchanged for z9999.png Kraken Coin.
  • n2109.png Great Auto Ration: Recovers pet stamina. Place at 3rd inventory slot to activate auto-feed after pet stamina is lower than 100, can be bought from Item mall. No effect if stall is set up. 

A pet consumes stamina in order to raise its growth rate, or experience points. Each point of stamina is used every 60 seconds.

Note that everytime a pet increases level, its max Stamina points will also go up.

Growth Rate is the pet's experience point. It is raised through consuming stamina points, so if you do not have any stamina points, your pet wont gain any exp.

Once a pet maxes its growth rate, you will see the bar under the pet's stamina bar blink, This indicates that you may then use stat fruits to grant bonus stat increase. Once you use a fruit on a pet, its exp bar will be brought back to 0 and its level increased by 1 or 2, according to the fruit you gave to the pet. Then, you will have to keep feeding it´s stamina to use stat fruits on it again.

Note that everytime a pet increases level, its Exp requirement will also go up.

The list below shows the Pet's Level and its corresponding Stamina/Growth points up to Level 5


------------------------------------
Lvl Stamina/Growth
------------------------------------



Lv0 100/240
Lv1 120/240
Lv2 140/480
Lv3 160/720
Lv4 180/960
Lv5 200/1200

The max Stamina is = 640
The max Growth is = 6480
 


Note: you can speed the growth by using n1483.png Fruit of Growth: Doubles fairy growth rate for 15 minutes upon usage.

------------------------------------
Status Fruits
------------------------------------

There are different kinds of stat fruits that can be fed to a pet. You can only feed a pet with Maxed growth rate.

Normal Fruits (For First and Second Generation Fairies)

U can get it from Reputation Exchander (Argent City 2250, 2788)  - Exchange it for your reputation Points

Remember! from 40 to 41 fairies you can’t up with fruit +1. Only 39 to 41 fruit +2

79c1f4527d70.png

Great Fruits (For First and Second Generation Fairies)


U can get it from Pet Assistant - Langa (Shaitan City 853, 3551) - Exchange it for your z9999.png Kraken Coin.
Also u can buy this fruits in Item Mall.
 

Improved Fruits (For high lvl pets 41+ and Unique Fairies only) 

U can buy this fruits in Item Mall only.

Note: For Fairy Lv 41-50 chance for lvlup = 70%

When your fairy has reached level 47 daacc8bbb00c.png you can only feed him n2108.png Great Fairy Ration or n2109.png Great Auto Ration


Note that the higher pet's level is, the lesser the chance for successfully gaining a level for the pet. If you fed your pet with a fruit and the leveling up failed, your growth rate will be cut in half. Pet level up can fail at any level.


------------------------------------
Skill books
------------------------------------

There are different skill books that a pet can learn, you can get them by;

Skill books that can be used to teach pets:

  1. book.png Novice Protection - sort of like a Cleric's Energy Shield. When the player's HP goes down to 20% and below, the fairy takes the damage. Stamina damage is a percentage of the actual damage, the remaining percentage not blocked by skill will be received by player.
  2. book.png Novice Berserk - player deals critical damage. This does NOT mean that a player's berserk rate is increased. Skill is activated by chance, the system chat box also displays if the crit/berserk was activated by the pet.
  3. book.png Novice Magic - increases magical damage for Herbalist and Explorer class.
  4. book.png Novice Recover - increases HP recovery rate.
  5. book.png Novice Meditation - increase SP recovery rate.

Learning skills also have chances of failure 

KCkyf9d.gif


-----------------------------------------------------------------

  • First skill book, success rate to learn = 100%
  • Second skill book, success rate to learn = 60%
  • Third skill book, success rate to learn = 30%

Important: This means that the more skills you have taught your pet, the higher the chances of failing when trying to teach it a new skill. plus, when you try teaching the second skill, you have a 60% chance of success, and 40% chance of overwriting an existing skill. Same goes for the third skill, you have a 70% chance of overwriting an existing skill.

A pet can only learn up to 3 skills. If the 3 skill slots have already been taken, you cannot teach a fourth unique skill to the pet. Teaching a pet skills do not require/deplete maxed growth rate, this means you can immediately teach all 3 skills to a Lv0 pet. You can remove skills of the pet by visiting the item mall shop in the pet tab.
--------------------------
Fairy coins system
--------------------------

  • You obtain ONE n1482.png Fairy Coin from a 1st Generation pet every 2 Growth.
  • You obtain ONE n1482.png Fairy Coin from a 2nd Generation pet every 1 Growth.
  • You obtain ONE n1536.png Elven Signet every 60 Growth on a 1st Generation Pet.
  • You obtain ONE n1536.png Elven Signet every 30 Growth on a 2nd Generation Pet.
  • When a PET (Both Generations) has earned 1200 Growth, it will obtain a rare n1537.png Elven Royal Signet.

Frequently Asked Questions
--------------------------------------

  • Do pets actively help you in the game?

This is like, "..do pets ATTACK?.." *scratches head*

No they don't, and they do not directly help you in battle in any way, except for giving useful bonuses and some useful petskills, like Book of Magic, which when learned by pet, raises Magic damage.

  • Which skills should I teach my Pet?

It all depends on what class you are using. Basically, Magic users (Herbalist & Explorer Class) will need magic, recovery, and meditation. Non-magic users (Swordsman & Hunter Class) need berserk, recovery, and meditation.

  • What about Protection Skill?

Protection skill has a lot of cons in it at the present. Since Protection reduces around 25% of damage dealt and deducts the points from the pet stamina, the remaining 75% goes to the player. Taking into consideration the price of Rations, it is inefficient to maintain such method of damage reduction by Protection skill.

  • Doesn't more skills mean faster depletion of Stamina?

Yes it does, and faster stamina depletion will lead to faster pet leveling.

  • Can i unlearn skills that I've taught to my pet?

Yes you can,it's available in the item mall shop under the pet tab and you can upgrade existing skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×